Backing Up Your Projects
The best way to keep from losing your projects when getting a new device, accidentally deleting them, or if you need to free up space, is to back up your projects. Not sure how, here are a few ways.
Backup in Video Star
- Tap the Upload Cloud Button
- Tap Send to Other Apps
- Tap Save To Files
- Choose where to save the file and tap Add
To Restore to Video Star
- To restore the project, find it, select it, and tap the share button
- Select Video Star and the project will be imported back into Video Star
Backup to iCloud
- If you use the Backup to iCloud feature, the projects are stored in a folder on your iCloud account that can be accessed from within Video Star as long as you are logged into the same iCloud account.
Restore from Backup to iCloud
- Tapping the Backup to iCloud button, the projects are stored in a folder on your iCloud account.
- To access your projects, tap the cloud button
- Tap on your project
- To restore the project, tap download
Backup Using a Computer
- If you are using a Mac running the latest operating system, connect your device to the computer and open the Finder, tap on the device
- Click on Files, click on the triangle by Video Star, then drag and drop the file where you want it to be saved.
- To restore the project, just drag it back into Video Star
- On a PC or older Mac OS, start up iTunes
To restore your project
- Click on your device … in this case “jPhone” in the left sidebar under Devices
- Click the Apps title at the top
- Scroll down to the File Sharing section
- Scroll the apps list until you see Video Star
- On the right side, under Video Star Documents, there is a list of your video projects. The names are a little longer than you are probably used to seeing, since we added the date and time it was created.
- Select your project, and click Save To
- Make sure the file is zipped or has the pkg file type
- Click Add
- Find your file and import it.