Last updated: January 12, 2021
The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide. We don’t collect personal information such as name or email address, or require you to establish an account to use the Application. We will receive your email address and any other personal information you provide if you choose to send us a customer service-related request.
- Information We Receive When You Use the Service.
- Log Data. When you use our services, our servers automatically record certain information from your device. This “log data” may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Service, details of how you use our Service, such as the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Service, the time spent on those pages, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service.
- Purchase Data. The App Store provides a purchase receipt to the Application at certain times, such as when the Application is downloaded from the App Store, when it is updated, when a purchase is made, or when the Application requests an up-to-date record of the user’s purchases. The receipt contains information including the original purchase date of the Application from the App Store and a record of any in-app purchases made, including details of subscription duration and expiration. The receipt is provided in such a way that does not permit us to know the identity of the user. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our Service. This may include sending “cookies” to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your device for record-keeping purposes.
- We do not collect the videos you create, although we may view them if you mark them public on your social networking service.
- To help diagnose problems, we may ask you to submit data such as a video project, video file, audio file, or image to help us understand the issue. We will NOT collect such data without your direct consent. Such submission is voluntary and is subject to the same Data Retention policy we use for customer support communications.
- In-App Purchases. The Video Star Application allows for in-app purchases of various features and effects to enhance your videos. We do not collect credit card information or other personal information for these purchases. Rather, the purchase is made through your app store account using the credit card associated with your account. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of such app stores.
How We Use The Information We Collect.
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- To operate, maintain, enhance, provide, and personalize all features of the Service and to provide services and information that you request.
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users; to improve the Service; and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, such as responding to questions and other to provide support to users. If you choose to email us, we use your email address only to respond to your inquiry.
- We use the Purchase Data information obtained from the App Store to enable the features that you have purchased or which are unlocked for a period of time due to your purchase of a subscription. We also may also use Purchase Data to enforce device limits and other conditions of the Terms of Service.
- We also may use your information as may be described in a notice to you at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
When We Disclose Information.
We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Sharing Your Video with Other Video Star Users. We may select your video as a “Featured Video” and make it available for other users to view within the Application. If you prefer that your video not be considered for selection, you should mark it as “private” on your social networking service.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with third party service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf, such as to provide website or application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. We share this information subject to appropriate privacy and security measures.
- Integrated Services. If you connect the Application to an Integrated Service, we will share information with the Integrated Service including photos, videos, messages, ‘Like’ selections, or other information you have affirmatively chosen to share via that service. We do not automatically send photos or videos to any Integrated Service without your direct consent.
- Other Sharing. In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
- to respond to legal process (e.g. a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to take precautions against liability or investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to protect the safety of any person; to protect our rights and property, including to enforce the Terms and Conditions; and to address fraud, security or technical issues;
- We may also share your information in the manner disclosed to at the time the information is collected, or in any other manner to which you consent.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. If we learn that personal information has been collected on the Service from children under 13, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
We may display links or content that links to third party websites and services. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
Important Information Regarding Europe
This section applies to individuals in the European Economic Area and the United Kingdom.
Controller. Frontier Design Group, LLC is the controller of the personal data that we have about you and can be reached at: 31 Old Etna Rd, Suite 5N, Lebanon NH 03766 or through email.
Your rights. You may ask us to take the following actions:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal data and give you access to it.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Delete. Delete your personal data.
- Export. Export a machine-readable copy of your personal data that you can use with a different service.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the legal basis of processing your personal data if that processing adversely impacts your legal rights.
To request one of these actions, contact us. We may request information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions.
Legal bases. We generally process your personal data on the following legal bases:
- Contractual necessity. You have entered a contract with us and we need to use some of your personal data to provide services you have requested or take steps that you request prior to providing services.
- Compliance with law. We may have to process or share your personal data to comply with legal obligations, such as to comply with a subpoena or legal process.
- Consent. In some cases, we may process your personal data based on your consent, such as where we request access to data on your mobile device through the prompts in your device’s operating system. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated at the time consent is requested.
Questions, concerns, complaints. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us. In addition, you can always submit a complaint to your data protection regulator. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Data Retention Policy
In order to facilitate customer support for the Services, we retain communications and other data (such as videos, images, audio recordings, etc.) submitted via email and/or the app’s built-in support features while there is an ongoing customer service issue. Once such issue has been completed, we will retain the communications for 90 days, at which time they will be deleted. Exceptions. We may retain the data beyond 90 days if:
- the customer issue is reopened by us or by you
- you have misused or are suspected to have misused the Services
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Service, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify the Policy, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations, we will provide a more prominent notice. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of the Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at email@example.com.
Frontier Design Group LLC
31 Old Etna Road, Suite 5N
Lebanon, New Hampshire 03766