How to get featured in Video Star
Everyday we are asked the same question: How do I get my video featured on Instagram, Video Star, VS Insider, or in the User Tutorials in the app? There is no short answer to this question. Here is how we select videos to feature, and answer some related common questions.
How We Select Videos to Feature
We feature videos in Video Star to show off the best videos that we find. Ones that make us laugh, cry, smile, amaze us, or teach us new things. There are thousands of new ones every day. We are unable to review all of them, but we watch as many as we can.
For Instagram Featured Video Posts
Tag your video #videostarapp. Also tag it #videostaredit if you’re a fan editor
For Instagram Stories
Add @videostarapp to your Instagram Stories
For Featured Videos in Video Star
For videos you post to YouTube, turn on the switch on the YouTube upload screen marked “Send for Review.”
For Instagram videos, tag your videos #videostarapp.
For TikTok videos, tag your videos #videostar
Instagram Fan Edit Challenges
Every week we have a Challenge with a different theme. We announce the Challenge theme on Fridays on Instagram, VS Insider, and Facebook. The winning videos get featured on Wednesdays on Instagram and Video Star Insider.
We add a few new user tutorials to the “User Tutorials” section of the app every Tuesday. We like it better when there is only one effect in a tutorial instead of a few different effects described in one tutorial. We are also looking for short tutorials, no longer than 5 minutes. Also don’t speed it up to much - people won’t be able to follow it!
To submit a tutorial for review, tap the ❓ and send us the link through the support tab. For Instagram users, please also tag your video #videostartutorial
Reason a Video Can't Be Featured
- The video has images or uses a song that that has objectionable material (sexual content, nudity, violence, profanity, crude humor, drug and alcohol use).
- The video has scenes where you can see a “Pond5,” “Shutterstock,” or similar “watermark.”
Tips for Making Great Video Star Videos
So how do you make a great Video Star video that we will want to feature? Here are some suggestions:
- Make it appropriate – We will never feature a video that uses bad language, not even slightly bad language. And we will never feature a video that implies real harm to others, so no knives, etc, please. Not saying that your video can’t deal with emotional pain or sadness, but if it is not “clean” it will not be featured.
- Do something original – There are great, amazing ideas for videos that have not been thought of yet, but you could invent them yourself. Let your imagination do its thing!
- Have fun, and do what you love – If you really care about your video, that will translate to the screen. It might never get featured, but you will have made something that matters to you and that you can show proudly to others.
It is also true that when we release a new version of Video Star that we are looking for videos that show off the new features and effects. And we are always looking for great videos that use that week’s featured song. Now, you certainly don’t have to use any special effects or use the featured song. A great video is a great video. But we want you to be aware of these factors as well.
A Final Word
Finally, regardless of whether one of your videos is ever featured in Video Star or not, we hope you enjoy making your own music videos and sharing them with your friends and family. There are so many talented, creative people using Video Star every day, and we are thrilled to help make that happen.